For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
17 2 8 12

Price History Request

I came across this message in the DataScope User Guide:

"Individual user accounts are permitted to execute only one Price History extraction at a scheduled time. Simultaneous Price History extractions from the same user account are not allowed to ensure resources are available for all user accounts at any given time."

Is this referring to the "PriceHistoryExtractionRequest"? What exactly does that mean? Can I submit a request a 5:00 PM and 5:05 PM? Do I have to wait until the first one is complete? It appears that I can only request 1,000 instruments at a time, how would I batch these up if I wanted to issue a request for 10,000 instruments?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsshistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @vikas.khurana

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
84 3 0 1

Hi@vikas.khurana: yes, that note is referring with "PriceHistoryExtractionRequest". There are no simultaneous price history extractions allowed in the same user id. The user has to wait until the first price history extraction to complete and then submit for next. you may submit a request at 5:00 PM and 5:05 PM only if the 05:00 PM extraction complete.

yes, Price History template allows a maximum of 1000 instruments per extraction.if you have 10k instruments then you need to submit 1* 10 schedules. I understand your concern here and we constantly working on this limitation and to improve this limit. We are aiming to increase instruments limit with Price history extractions in the future release (DSS 13.1 version tentatively). Thank you

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.