question

Upvote
Accepted
16 0 1 3

Eikon COM Addin

Hi,

I am trying to write a macro that will load the Eikon excel Addin once excel is opened. I am struggling to find the code that will do this. I have tried the below, but without much success. Is it possible to provide vba that will do this?

If Application.COMAddIns("Thomson Reuters Eikon - Microsoft Office").Connect = False Then Application.COMAddIns("Thomson Reuters Eikon - Microsoft Office").Connect = True

thanks.

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

The index used to select a COM add-in from the COMAddins class returned by Application.COMAddIns is the add-in ProgID, not the friendly name of the COM Add-in, which you can see in Excel Options dialog.
ProgIDs for Excel COM add-ins can be found in Windows registry. The one for "Thomson Reuters Eikon - Microsoft Office" appears as a key under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\AddIns, and the ProgID is "PowerlinkCOMAddIn.COMAddIn". So, the command you're looking for is:

Application.COMAddIns("PowerlinkCOMAddIn.COMAddIn").Connect = True
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

how do i use the above line to loads the Datastream Add-in through VB Script?

Upvotes
16 0 1 3

thanks Alex, works perfectly.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.