Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

[Eikon Python API] Can I specify the source from which I want to retrieve data?

In Excel I am able to retrieve data from sources different to IDN using RtGet() formula as follow:

=RtGet(MY_SOURCE, MY_RIC, "Bid")

Is there a way to do the same in Python, e.g. using get_data() function?

Thanks in advance.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@riccardo.barone, thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Eikon Data APIs currently can only retrieve market data from Eikon platform, and not from your TREP middleware where you have those sources. When we introduce streaming capability into Eikon Data APIs, which is currently targeted for Beta in Q3, then you will be able to retrieve market data from your TREP provided the ADS your Eikon mounts to is version 3.2.4 or higher.
In the meantime you can retrieve market data from your TREP using legacy Eikon COM or Eikon .NET APIs, which work with any version of ADS. It is possible to use AdfinX Real-Time library of Eikon COM APIs in Python, albeit only in 32-bit one, similar to how AdfinX Analytics library is used in Python in this article.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Is it now possible to get data from an internal source via the Python API?If yes, could you provide an example?

@matthias.mayr
Old threads that already have an accepted answer are not monitored by forum moderators. To ask a new question always start a new thread.
Streaming data has been introduced into Eikon Data APIs, however at the moment it is limited to streaming data provided by Eikon platform. The capability to retrieve streaming data from local TREP (including internal sources) is expected later this year. In the meantime you can use Python implementation of Refinitiv Data Platform Libraries to retrieve streaming data from Deployed Platform aka TREP. Refinitiv Data Platform is the strategic platform that will provide data to both enterprise and end user applications. Refinitiv Data Platform Libraries will eventually replace Eikon Data APIs libraries when Refinitiv Data Platform has been sufficiently developed to provide all the capabilities currently available through Eikon APIs.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.