Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
16 1 1 3

How to write query for eikon python api for private equity screener

Hello, I am new to the Eikon API for python. Can someone demonstrate how to query the private equity screener database? For example, suppose in the portal, you search PESCREENER. Then, Universe = Private Equity, EntityType = Fund, Deal Type = Venture Capital Deal, Investment Date = Last year.

I'd like to search through deals with specific keywords, like "autonomous driving" etc, to get only those deals for example.
My query begins like this, but not sure how to enter the fields appropriately as I can't find the keyword names like for stocks. The tutorials did not have this info:

ek.get_data('PESCREENER',fields={'UNIVERSE':'Private Equity', 'Entity Type':'Fund','Deal Type':'Venture Capital Deals', 'Investment Date':'Last Year'})

^^^Doesn't work

Edit: Having difficulty re-creating a screen that I've already built in the app, from the Excel Reuter's Ribbon as was noted in some prior answers. Fields like 'Entity Type' are missing. There really should be a button that spits out a code snippet from the Eikon App

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @tim.maguire25

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@tim.maguire25

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@tim.maguire25
For most universes available in Screener wizard in Eikon Excel, once you've set up your criteria and selected the columns (or data items) you'd like to retrieve, you can click Insert Screen button, which pastes into Excel worksheet =TR function with the screener expression and data items you selected. The screener expression and data items can then be copied & pasted into get_data method of Eikon Data APIs with simple edits: fields need to be transformed from a semi-column separated string into Python list of strings, and parameters need to be transformed into Python dictionary. For private equity universe however the Insert Screen button is not available in Screener wizard, which suggests to me that private equity screener is not available through =TR function in Eikon Excel or through Eikon Data APIs. The best way to confirm this is to contact Refinitiv Helpdesk and ask if you can use private equity screener through =TR worksheet function. Refinitiv Helpdesk can be reached by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.