Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 6 3 3

Unable to login to Eikon API Proxy due to server error

I am unable to login to the Eikon API Proxy today on both Windows and Mac. I was able to login successfully last week.

On Mac, I start the Eikon API Proxy app. The app starts, a window that says "Loading login page" appears, and then the app crashes. In the app logs (~/Library/Application Support/Eikon API Proxy/Logs), a 500 Internal Server Error is seen.

On Windows, I start the Eikon tool, I enter my login information, and the following error appears:

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-500
eikon-error.jpg (156.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @christopher.songer

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@christopher.songer

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@christopher.songer
This forum is not the best place to ask for help with machine or account specific issues such as this one. The best resource for any problems with using Eikon or other Refinitiv products is Refinitiv Helpdesk, which you can reach by either calling the Helpdesk number in your country or by following the link below.
https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/helpandsupport.html
If you're using Eikon user ID that is the same as the email address you used to register on this portal, then as far as I can see there's no product associated with your user account in Eikon user authentication system. It's likely that you had a trial of Eikon, which expired. To confirm, please contact Refinitiv Helpdesk or your Refinitiv account manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.