Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

Instituitional Ownership over time

Is it possible to get instituitional ownership mix (TR.SIInstitutionalOwn) over a given period of time? Thankst

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @swapna.dr,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@swapna.dr

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @swapna.dr

That particular field does not allow you to retrieve the data for the defined time window. You can check the availability of fields and associated parameters using either DIB app in Eikon Desktop or in Excel wizard.

Currently, there is no possibility to add dates.

ahs.jpg (133.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 0 2

Thanks Marcin. Alternatively, is there ownership fields that allows data range that I can use to calculate this information? Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @swapna.dr

If you are interested in retrieving ownership data you may try with the other set of fields

df, err=ek.get_data('VOD.L',['TR.InvestorFullName,TR.PctOfSharesOutHeld,TR.InvestorType'], {'SDate':'2018-05-10'})
df.head(10)

That formula can be build using Eikon Excel wizard, where you can see and include additional parameters.

ahs1.jpg (271.6 KiB)
ahs.jpg (143.5 KiB)
Upvotes
1 1 0 2

Thank you very much for the insights here. Appreciate it.

May be another simple one - Is there a way in the API to request the sum of a field instead of me pulling all the data and summing it? For example, I am calling this to get the top 10 hedge fund ownership using ..

df = ek.get_data('AAPL.O',['TR.PctOfSharesOutHeld'], {'SDate':'2018-05-10', 'TheInvestorType':'106','EndNum':'10'})

I am summing up the returned df to get to top 10 ownership mix. Is it possible to apply the "SUM" request within in the get_data call?

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

I have used SUM function with ek.get_data and found that it works.

df = ek.get_data('AAPL.O',['SUM(TR.PctOfSharesOutHeld)'], {'SDate':'2018-05-10', 'TheInvestorType':'106','EndNum':'10'})
df[0]

The output is:

output.png (2.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.