Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 1 0 4

RICs yield lesser data than on Eikon

Hi Eikon, I have tried to pull the following RICs (see below) using Python API. However, after some verification and validation of data check, I found out that the Reuters platform data was not updated, but after last night's update, your colleague, Vinaya Kurmara A, from the Real Time Analytics Content Support, told me that it is updated and ready for use.

Today morning, I have tried pulling the data again using Python, I seem to yield only 3 data points (see attached below). Please advise.

['JPY3L6L2Y=R', 'JPY3L6L3Y=R', 'JPY3L6L4Y=R', 'JPY3L6L5Y=R', 'JPY3L6L6Y=R']
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @jefferson.low

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@jefferson.low

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@jefferson.low

Could you please share the Python code used to retrieve the data? I have used the get_timeseries function to retrieve the OPEN field of those RICs. The data can be retrieved properly.

df = ek.get_timeseries(rics=['JPY3L6L2Y=R', 'JPY3L6L3Y=R', 'JPY3L6L4Y=R', 'JPY3L6L5Y=R', 'JPY3L6L6Y=R'], 
                       fields=["OPEN"],
                       start_date='2019-06-05T00:00:00', 
                       end_date='2019-07-10T00:00:00', 
                       interval="daily", 
                       raw_output=False)
df

The output is:

data.png (14.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @jefferson.low

Could you please share your source code as requested by @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.