question

Upvotes
Accepted
45 7 10 10

RSearch : Extract more than 2000 bonds

Hello,

I need to extract bonds by using the RSearch lib.

The number of bonds fulfilling the criteria is bigger than 2000.

I read a solution that consist to order the instruments by a specific criteria and then request again by using the value of the previous answer as a new criteria.

To achieve this with bonds I need to identify a field unique for each instruments. I wanted to do it with RIC but I think the api does not support criteria in this form if not numeric "RIC:>PREVIOUS_RIC" (In this example RICs are requested alphabetically).

Am I doing any mistake ? May you suggest me a good candidate for a criteria applicable with bonds ?

Thank you !

eikoneikon-com-apibonds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

One criteria you could possibly use to sort the results by is maturity date. But, as you said, depending on the use case restricting the result by the character pattern the RICs start with may be preferable.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
45 7 10 10

Instead of requesting the api by ordering the RICs an other solution could be to restrict the RIC requested.
Request RICs starting with AA, then AB ect.. to have all the combinations.

This solution implies to do more requests to API but intermedirary DEX2 request are not needed in this case.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.