Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

Eikon API what field to choose for historical duration and spread

I would like to get the historical duration and spread from .MERH0A0 index via Eikon Data API. I can’t find the duration in the Data Item Browsers of this index. Can you pls let me know which code should I use for them in Python?

FYI Here is the excel formular in Eikon Excel that can do similar job

=RHistory(".MERH0A0","DURATION.Timestamp;DURATION.Value","START:04-Jul-2014 END:04-Jul-2019 INTERVAL:1D",,"TSREPEAT:NO CH:Fd")

=RHistory(".MERH0A0","ROAS.Timestamp;ROAS.Value","START:04-Jul-2014 END:04-Jul-2019 INTERVAL:1D",,"TSREPEAT:NO CH:Fd",)

How can I get to the same data in Python

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Shuming.Zou - This is a private post

Please note we made this query public. There is no reason to leave it internal, customers could benefit from reading this.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@Shuming.Zou
This data is not currently available through Eikon Data APIs. The only interface in Eikon that can currently provide programmatic access to this data is the TimeSeries interface of legacy Eikon .NET APIs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Alex Putkov. Has this been made available by now? For very few RIC, I get results for this field. Otherwise, is there a plan to roll out this feature? Thank you.

@jhonny
When asking a new question on these forums, please always start a new thread. Old threads with accepted answers are not monitored by moderators.
The answer provided on this thread is still accurate. Nothing changed since the answer was posted. There's a plan to enhance timeseries data retrieval capabilities through Eikon Data APIs with the development and rollout of Refinitiv Data Platform. However, I cannot give you specific timeframe when the enhanced capabilities will be available.
I'm afraid I'm not following what you mean when you say "For very few RIC, I get results for this field". Which field? And how does this comment relate to the subject of this thread? If you'd like to continue this discussion or if you have any further questions, please start a new thread.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.