Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 5 4 7

Returned values using PermID is different from using orgID

Hi all,

I wanted to retrieve the employees of the company Claire's INC, when I type employees in the Data Item Browser it advises me to use the field 'TR.PCFullTimeEmployees'. But for my surprise if I use python to get the data and using the orgid as instrument I do not get anything. On the other hand, if I use permid I get the data.

Why is this happening? Is there any way to get the permid knowing the orgid?

Thanks in advance!!!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata-item-browser
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @miriam.benito

I think you can use this field.

ahs-1.png (10.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I found that TR.OrganizationID works. But do you know why using the permID I get the value while using the orgid I don't?

Hi @miriam.benito

I do not know the reason from the content side.

However, if you try to use "108659535" with Item Data Browser, it also does not recognize this ORG ID.

@miriam.benito
PermID is the preferred identification scheme. OrgID is a legacy scheme, which you should shun in favor of PermID. OrgID is provided for backwards compatibility, but it's not being enhanced especially for private companies.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.