Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 5 9

pulling listed option quotes to python

Hi,

for longer term listed options, CF_BID and CF_ASK are empty when I try pulling them to python. Specifically, I am looking at STXE33000X6.EX. However, the quote window (F4) shows bid and ask quotes. Is there a way to pull the bid and ask quotes from the quote window to python?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiderivatives
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@steffen.fuchs, thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@steffen.fuchs I have checked that RIC and it seems correct - there are no bids or offer for this instrument - hence the return you are receiving. Please check the quote window below to confirm.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 2 5 9

Thanks, Jason. When there are no quotes, how is the field 'TR.IMPLIEDVOLATILITY' calculated?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @steffen.fuchs I believe it must be using the Settlement Price (Data Item Code: SETTLE) which according to the Data Item Browser App (Type DIB from Eikon search bar) is the official closing price of a futures or options contract set by the clearing house at the end of the trading day. I ran it through the option pricer app (OPR) and it seems broadly correct. (The value of SETTLE field is 1,001). I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @jason.ramchandani,

The client has follow up question. Could you please help?

Upvotes
3 2 5 9

So there are 'TR.OPWMidImpliedVolatility', 'TR.OPWSettleImpliedVolatility',

TR.OPWCloseImpliedVolatility and TR.IMPLIEDVOLATILITY, all with different values. What are the exact differences here?

icon clock
10 |1500

@steffen.fuchs

For this content question, please raise a ticket with Eikon Support (Helios Menu ==> Help ==> Contact Us) (marking it as Data query) and the relevant content expert will get back to you with a definitive answer. You can also include the hyperlink to this post on that query form.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.