For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
24 3 4 6

DataScope Select - SDK for .NET compatible with .NET Core?

Is the datascope SDK for .net compatible with .net core? if yes, which .netstandard version does it target?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss.net
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Escalated to DSS_SWAT

@dimitrakopoulos, thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text beneath the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

@Christiaan Meihsl yes I obtained the information required (albeit it did not solve our problem) - thank you for the support.

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@dimitrakopoulos,

I escalated your initial query to the development team. Here is their response:

The DSS .NET SDK designed and built for .NET Framework 4.5 and is not compatible with .NET Core

I have escalated your subsequent query, and will post their response as soon as I get it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@dimitrakopoulos, the answer to your subsequent query, which I escalated to the product team, is basically the same as to your query in another thread:

There are no plans to upgrade the DataScope Select .NET SDK libraries in the remainder of 2019. Any future plans to do so will be communicated in advance via DataScope Select release notes.

Upvotes
17.3k 82 39 63

Hi @dimitrakopoulos,

The DSS SDK relies on a number of DLL's that for the most part of compatible with .NET Core - specifically v3.0. You can use the .NET Portability Analyzer to give you an idea of how much of the API is compatible. In addition, you can narrow down the specific modules within the detailed report as what isn't supported.

Here is a quick summary I did:

ahs.png (11.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
24 3 4 6

.netcore 3 is not released yet. Therefore, we require a version of the SDK which targets .netstandard 2.0 so that we can reference it by class libraries and applications that target .netcore (or .netstandard). Specifically, we require these two DLLs complied with .netstandard2.0 target (ideally distributed as a NuGet): ThomsonReuters.Dss.Core.RestApi.Common.dll, ThomsonReuters.Dss.RestApi.Client
The analyzer output above is good news! It suggests that it should be very low effort for you to provide it and even with multiple targets. Can you please provide an estimate of when it will be available?
If this is not possible in short time, can we get the source code for the wrapper so that we can port it ourselves? It's currently a blocker for us to use it in our new version.

icon clock
10 |1500

Did you ever get what you needed? I too need to use DSS with .netstandard2.0.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.