Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 14 12 14

Missing RICs in screener result for Taiwan exchange

Greetings

The following SCREENER call :

dfexch,e =ek.get_data('SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,countryprimaryquote))/*UNV:Public*/), IN(TR.ExchangeMarketIdCode,"XTAI"), IN(TR.InstrumentType,"Depository Receipts","Ordinary Shares"))',['TR.RIC','TR.CommonName', 'TR.ISIN','TR.InstrumentType', 'TR.TRBCEconomicSector', 'TR.TRBCEconSectorCode'])

Fails to return the following RICs - can someone enlighten me as to why? All RICS are Active, Public and Country Primary

['9136.TW', '9188.TW', '9110.TW', '9105.TW', '9157.TW', '9103.TW']

Thank you kindly,

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiscreener
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

You have a typo in your Screener expression. The value of TR.InstrumentType you're looking for is "Depositary Receipt" not "Depositary Receipts". All the instruments you listed as missing are depositary receipts and they were excluded from the results returned by the Screener because the value of TR.InstrumentType field for these instruments is not what you asked for in your Screener expression.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you kindly Alex - I very much appreciate the clarification. I honestly though it was Depository Receipts -guess I was looking at A differently formatted field...

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.