Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 4

Hi, Can I extract qualitative data for stocks and funds from eikon translated in french (information about companies and funds) ?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@kamal.chancari

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is a reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
644 4 7 8

Eikon supports translations to English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian...unfortunately no French at this time. News is fully supported in French and more than 40 other languages (News Code LFR)

french_news = ek.get_news_headlines('MSFT.O AND LFR',10)

eikon-languages.png (305.8 KiB)
french.png (81.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @kamal.chancari

Please show the screenshot of data which you would like to extract information.

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 2 4

fund-qual-data.jpg (361.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 2 4

you can find in attached image some example of data that I try to extract by eikon API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @kamal.chancari

You can use Data Item Browser to browse for the fields.

And here is the sample code:

ahs1.png (12.0 KiB)
ahs0.png (236.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 2 4

Hi chavalit.jintamalit,

Thank you for your answer.

My problem is to get these informations in french language. is these informations availabale in French ? If it is the case, how can I get it by the function get_data ? or how I should I modify my account settings ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @kamal.chancari

The data is provided in English only.

I just tested changing my client to Japanese language and the data is still in English.

ahs.png (329.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1.6k 3 2 3

Lipper supports French data including investment objective text shown in the screenshort from @kamal.chancari. Just that not all products can asset it. The recently released RDP Funds API can access it. You just need to specify the "langauge" as "FRE". For example, you can query the sample fund with ISIN: FR0012086528 as below:

https://api.refinitiv.com/data/funds/v1/assets/FR0012086528?&properties=objective&language=FRE

You will get the result in JSON:

{ "assets": [ { "id": "FR0012086528", "objective": { "code": "INVESTMENTOBJ", "type": { "id": "41500", "code": "InvestmentObj", "name": "Investment Objective" }, "values": [ { "value": "L'objectif du fonds est de constituer un portefeuille diversifié de participations, en investissant au minimum 80% de son actif dans des sociétés innovantes éligibles au quota des FCPI, et de gérer ces participations dans la perspective de les céder et de réaliser à cette occasion des plus values. Le Fonds pourra investir dans des PME situées dans toute l'Union Européenne." } ] } } ], "totalRecords": 1, "fromIndex": 0, "toIndex": 0, "pageNumber": 0 }

Notes* This should be be viewed as "translation", the textual data in different languages are collected from fund offering documents or some official sources, not translated by Lipper. Thus, not all funds got different langauges, It depends on whether the data in that particular language is available or not from official source. Funds domiciled or registered for sale in France will likely have French data set.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.