question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

RFA serverList parameter

I have an application that defines two ADS hosts, A and B, for the “serverList” RFA parameter. Last week there was a minor issue with host A and I wanted the application to failover to host B. Restarting the ADS or application was not an option as it would affect some other people using the ADS or application. I tried to kill the ADS host A connection for this particular application with "adsmon" to force the application to failover to host B but this didn’t work as the application reconnected back to the SAME host, A, right away.

Is there any RFA parameter that in case the ADS connection is killed, the application will attempt to connect to the NEXT host in the serverList instead of trying the same host first?

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

This is expected behavior of SSL connection type; once RFA disconnects from a server in the serverList, RFA doesn't retry next server, but will retry all servers in the list starting with the first server. So, in this scenario; removing user on adsmon, RFA still reconnect to the same host.

Currently, there is no configuration parameter for SSL connection for this case. The only way is to migrate application to use RSSL connection.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.