Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 4 3 4

Historical CDS Prices

I have a number of equity and debt instruments, identified by their ISIN. I query the issuing organization's Primary CDS through field `TR.CDSPrimaryCDSRic`. For each of these RIC, I want to extract the daily, historical CDS spreads, using the Eikon API through Python on a Mac

This is where I run into problems because I fail to identify the correct field for the spread. Fields like `PRIMACT_1`,` TR.PriceClose`, `TR.FIPricingClosingPrice` did not produce the desired result.

ek.get_data(instruments=['BCOM5YEUAM=FN','WBSW5YEUAM=R'], fields=['TR.CDSType', 'TR.FIPrice', 'PRIMACT_1'], field_name=True, parameters={'SDate': '2013-01-01', 'EDate': '2013-01-30', 'DateType': 'AD', 'CURN': 'EUR'})

The (obvious) questions:

• Which field contains historical CDS price data?
  • What makes a CDS a `primary CDS`, i.e. what is the field's definition, and could I obtain all CDS?

I appreciate your help.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @j.h.inhoffen

Please try this code:

df,e = ek.get_data(['BCOM5YEUAM=FN','WBSW5YEUAM=R'],
                   ['TR.CDSType', 'TR.PARMIDSPREAD.date', 'TR.PARMIDSPREAD'],
                   {'SDate': '2013-01-01', 'EDate': '2013-01-30', 'DateType': 'AD', 'CURN': 'EUR'})
df

I could not get data for WBSW5YEUAM=R in the date range you provided.

If i change the year to 2018 I can get data point back for this RIC.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.