For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

Status code 403

Hi,

I am trying to run Python example TRTH_onDemand_IntradayBars and also DSS python Symbology conversion example and I get status code 403 when trying both .

I get a token successfully ( i have to first modify code to give my proxy server details) but when sending a demand extraction (TRTH) I get status 403.

Could you please help -How to fix this.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@kashif.sherwany

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@kashif.sherwany

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@kashif.sherwany,

HTTP status codes are documented on this page.

HTTP status 403 means that you are not entitled to run the call you submitted.

TRTH and DSS are 2 different commercial offerings that use the same servers. As you can retrieve a token you must be subscribing to at least one of the two.

I suspect that if you cannot run the TRTH_onDemand_IntradayBars sample you might be a DSS customer and not a TRTH customer.

If you believe this is not what it should be, I suggest you contact your account manager to check your entitlements.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 3

HI,

Yes I should have DSS permissions - however I do get the same error when trying to run the other python example :

'Small DSS Python sample to cross correlate instrument codes'

I can login to Datascope and create lists - so I was expecting the above to work?

Also, is there any example python code for DSS for an on demand extraction of data based on knowing the RIC?

Thanks for your help.

Kashif.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@kashif.sherwany,

I just tried running that small DSS Python sample (DSS_RicSearch), it is fully functional. Assuming you did not change anything in the data request, and entered your DSS credentials when prompted, and then it delivers a 403, then I suspect you might have a permissioning issue. Note that permissions are at multiple levels, you can be permissioned for some API calls and not for others. I really suggest you contact your account manager to check your entitlements (that particular sample uses a Terms And Conditions request).

For DSS we only have the 2 Python samples, available under the downloads tab.

To get easily started with DSS and Python you can study the Programming without SDK tutorial, and then the Postman examples starting with this tutorial. Once you have done that it should be fairly straightforward to write the code you require.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.