Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 3

Different Benchmark Data for the Same Benchmark RIC

When downloading fund benchmark data using Eikon Data API, I got difference data for the same Fund Instrument RIC. Normally for the same benchmark RIC the benchmark data should be the same.

Here is a small piece of code to reproduce the problem:

import eikon as ek
import pandas as pd

ek.set_app_key('APP KEY HERE')

isin_codes = [
    'US38145C2329',
    'US4614185357',
    'US46625H3654',
    'US56064B5306',
    'US9026416464',
    'US90267B6829',
]

request_fields = [
    ek.TR_Field('TR.FundBenchmarkInstrumentRIC'),
    ek.TR_Field('TR.FundBenchmarkName'),
    ek.TR_Field('TR.PricePctChg1Y'),
    ek.TR_Field('TR.PricePctChg3Y'),
    ek.TR_Field('TR.PricePctChg5Y'),
]
request_params = {
    'Curn': 'USD',
    'RH': 'In',
    'CH': 'Fd',
}

ranking_data_slice, err = ek.get_data(
    list(isin_codes), request_fields, request_params)

ranking_data_slice.to_csv('test_result.csv')

These funds all have the same RIC but their benchmark data is different as highlighted in the picture.

Does someone know why the same RIC returns different data?

If this is not expected behavior, how to resolve the problem?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apifunds
capture.png (43.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Alex Putkov. @chavalit.jintamalit

Could you please help the client regarding this Eikon API question?

Hello @raptorsun,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@raptorsun

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@raptorsun

I think you got confused over what fields TR.PricePctChg1Y, TR.PricePctChg3Y and TR.PricePctChg5Y return. They return the price change of the instrument passed in the instruments list input of get_data method. If the instrument in the input list is a stock the fields return the price change of the stock. In your example these fields return the price change of each fund in the input list not of the benchmark.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @raptorsun

I think you are not looking at the same fund.

I added "TR.FundName" to your requested fields.

And you can see that they are different funds so they have different performance.

If this does not answer your question, I would suggest contacting the Refinitiv Content helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com/ to clarify what the TR.FundBenchmarkInstrumentRIC is for.

The description is the Data Item Browser is very brief.

ahs.png (60.7 KiB)
ahs2.png (94.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.