Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Hi.. There is an issue while fetching data from EIKON API using Python. Some of the commodities showing 'Open Interest' values as Null,instead of fetching actual keys.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @maniswaroop.m

I just tried to retrieve data and it was able to retrieve "Open Interest" field.

Can you try again and reconfirm please ?

ahs.png (29.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17k 80 39 63

Hi @maniswaroop.m,

Can you provide the actual call you are using to generate your request? For example, I performed a request as follows with success:

ahs.png (12.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi @ nick.zincone.1, Thanks for replying my question. I have given input of Commodities and Contracts data (RIC Codes) using .CSV file. RIC Codes that I given input to fetch data from EIKON tool are you can see in my attached picture. The line code to fetch data is attached below. But the code is extracting the data without error from the next day.

Open_Interest = ek.get_data(instruments= list(Variable_Open_Interest['RIC Code'].apply(str)), fields=Field,raw_output=False,debug=True)
icon clock
10 |1500

@maniswaroop.m,

Unfortunately, this doesn't help. I don't see the fields that you are applying. Please refer to my example above and provide an equivalent example that shows you are not getting the expected values. In order for us to help, you have to provide an example that we can easily try in order for us to observe the same behavior you are seeing.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit ,

Greetings !

It's working for me, I mean it's extracting the information of "Open Interest" values from next day without any modification. But the day when I posted the issue is happened 2nd time (didn't extracted information of Open Interest). I'm looking for the reason and solution why it happened.

Thanks,

Maniswaroop

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @maniswaroop.m

This forum is moderated by Developer and it focuses on the API usage example, tutorial, etc...

For any service interruption issues, if the problem still exists and intermittent reproducible, it would be best to contact Refinitiv Helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com/

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.