question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 1 0 3

RFA version compatibility

Hello Developer Community Team,

I received this email from FHLB - Please advise.

Thank you in advance for your attention in this matter.

Colette Boss

Hello Serge, Colette and Vincent
I work with Aubrey Torres and need your help with the Reuter API that we use. Please forward this to appropriate contact at your end in case you do not have the information.

I am reviewing compatibility of the API that we use at Office Of Finance. We use RFA version : ‘rfaj7.6.0.L1.all.rrg’ in our code to Collect Reuters Feed and Contribute to the Reuters Pages (e.g. 1FHLB, 1FHLC, etc).

Please help me understand:
Is there any end of life for the version that we have?I was informed that there is upcoming update of the API/software at Reuters end. Is there any impact in terms of performance or compatibility if we keep using the version that we have?
Is there any end of life for the version that we have?I was informed that there is upcoming update of the API/software at Reuters end. Is there any impact in terms of performance or compatibility if we keep using the version that we have?

Thanks and Regards,
Parikshit Mahadik
Senior Software Developer Analyst 

| Information Technology | FHLBanks Office of Finance
1818 Library Street, Reston, VA 20190 | Suite 200 | 703.467.2946 | pmahadik@fhlb-of.com
treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Colette.Boss

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Colette.Boss

Do you use MarketData interface(SSL connection; default port is 8101)?

If yes, we suggest Elektron Message API,one of Elektron SDK Java, for long team solution. Please refer to Why Migrate from RFA to EMA API? video for more details. Moreover, RFA 8.x support only OMM interface so you need to re-write the whole application to use this interface with new connection type, RSSL(default port is 14002).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @Colette.Boss,

The API Obsolescence List provides details related to the TREP APIs. According to that list, the rfaj7.6.0.L1.all.rrg is still fully supported. There are no performance hits or compatibility issues. The list does recommend to upgrade RFA 8.x as this version likely has more features and additional bug fixes and other improvements outlined within the release notes. In general, the TREP libraries are in maintenance mode only. Any new significant functionality and features will be included within the newer Elektron SDK libraries. If for some reason new development is planned, it is highly recommended to use these APIs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.