Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

FieldList Overview Dex2 to replicate TR() and RData()

Hello!

Is there a fieldlist overview for Dex2 somewhere, where I can extract the relevant field name if e.g. I am searching for the BID or ASK of the TR() function. Same applies for RData fields...

Much appreciated!

Thanks John

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-apifields
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@john.bendele

Refer to this page, DEX2 can be used to consume fundamental data, such as deals, company information, estimations, and more.

However, "LAST", "ASK", and "BID" fields are real-time fields. I think this is why DEX2 is unable to access those fields. To get real-time data, you need to use AdfinX Real-Time instead.

Moreover, refer to this question, to access Eikon v4 style fields (TR.xxx) using DEX2 API, you need to initialize DEX2 API with DEX2_MetadataCaller::DE_MC_ADC_POWERLINK.

MyDex2Cookie = (MyDex2Mgr as IDex2Mgr2).Initialize(DEX2_MetadataCaller.DE_MC_ADC_POWERLINK);

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 3

For example in eikon excel I use the fields "LAST", "ASK", "BID" and I am perfectly capable of retrieving the wanted data. Opening the Formula Builder it says that those fields are not specified. Using these fields in an TR replicating Dex2 request also yields no data. Why is that?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.