Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
135 15 10 10

From bond ticker to issuer information with Python

Hello! I have a list of bond tickers, e.g. LHNLF , UBSNL and I am trying to download sectors of activity of the issuers from the field TR.TRBCActivity. How can I do that? Is there a specific parameter I need to set to get this working? Many thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apibondssectors
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@chavalit.jintamalit , could you help the client on this?

<AHS>

@chavalit.jintamalit @Alex Putkov. could you please help the client on this?

Extend triage.

@alex.yermolayev

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

@alex.yermolayev

From my finding, Eikon Data APIs can't retrieve data by using these tickers because the get_symbology method can't convert these tickers to RICs.

Therefore, you need to directly use RICs in order to get the data.

I have used Eikon Excel to find RICs for those tickers.

1576479872288.png (15.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

To add to the response by @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai, in Excel you could use RSearch function to retrieve the list of bond RICs given a bond ticker. The example below retrieves the list of active bonds RICs with the ticker LHNLF. This functionality is not yet available through Eikon Data APIs. The only Eikon API that currently provides this capability is legacy RSearch COM library of Eikon COM APIs.

=RSearch("BOND","DBSTicker:LHNLF IsActive:Yes")

Hello! Many thanks for the reply. When will bond search functionality be available in Eikon Data API?

The search functionality is not available in Eikon Data API.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.