Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 2 5

get_data() specify time interval?

Hi, I am trying to retrieve the data on outstanding shares, but I find only yearly data in the output while data like volume can have daily outputs with no problem.

code:

import eikon as ek
dt,err=ek.get_data('CYAD.BR', ['TR.Volume.Date','TR.Volume','TR.NumberofSharesOutstandingActual','TR.TtlCmnSharesOut'], parameters={'SDate':'2000-01-01', 'EDate':'2019-12-01'})
dt.to_csv("test.csv")

And the output is like this:

While the volume can have daily output just fine, I find the two variables on outstanding shares only have yearly output.

Is there a way to get daily output on these variables? Or maybe a way to force daily time intervals?

Many thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @zzhao

You can use "Data Item Browser" (by typing in "DIB" on Eikon Search Bar and press enter)

You can see that the TR.NumberofSharesOutstandingActual field does not support "daily" as a period.

Here is an example to retrieve this field as Quarterly:

You can check the same for TR.TtlCmnSharesOut

Please also note that the request for the large amout of data may not be fullfilled in one request.

I saw that you tried to retrieve 19 years of daily data in a single call and it might not returns all the data point to you.

Please read the API guideline and limitation at https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/eikon-data-api/docs?content=49692&type=documentation_item

ahs0.png (109.6 KiB)
ahs.png (25.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you very much for the information on DIB and also the suggestions on API limitation!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.