question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 33 41

"Forced" login

Currently, if COM API try to log in and it's used on other computer, the login dialog appears and requires confirmation. Is there a way to by pass the login screen and automatically log in to Eikon? Programatically or using some flag/settings of the Eikon itself.

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

No, there's no way to do this. The warning that requires user action is deliberate. It prevents someone who obtained your Eikon account credentials from completely highjacking your Eikon account by automatically signing in as soon as soon as logoff due to exclusive sign on is detected.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I see the purpose of it. I have arguments against it, but this is not important.

We have the following issue time to time: We run automatic script to collect some data daily. It also does some calculation and send notifications. Everything is automated. The only thing we cannot automate is when someone signed in from different computer and never logged out. This requires manual interaction with login window. Is there any workaround you can thing of?

I'm afraid not. Eikon is positioned as an end user product. It is not designed to facilitate fully automated processes. Refinitiv has other products that are designed and positioned for use in server side applications and to facilitate fully automated processes.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.