Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
42 1 0 2

Query on time-series 1 minute interval data limits

I have a client who maintains that, for the Dec-2023 3M Eurodollar future contract, they have requested minute interval time-series for the duration of the contract (i.e. from 13th December 2013). I believe they should only be able to retrieve a maximum of 90 days' worth of data - but maybe I'm wrong...

Firstly, in a chart app in Eikon Desktop, I get data going back to 30th November 2019 (61 days ago); while using RHistory, I can get data going back to 17th November 2019 (49 days ago); and using get_timeseries, I can get data back to 5th September 2019 (99 days). So, why the huge differences? I thought Eikon Desktop, Excel and DAPI had the same data limits??

Secondly, the client actually maintains their DAPI request provides data right back to 29th January 2019, i.e. a whole year, and they provided a screenshot to prove it...

I was going to advise them about the 60,000 row limit, but I have to say I'm extremely confused now.

Could someone provide a comprehensive guide to the request limits - I'm not talking about daily usage allowances or throttles etc, but about how many rows of data you can get back for different time-series intervals.

Thanks!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapi-limits
edz3.png (71.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Eikon Data API provides minute data back to 1 year.

However, you cannot retrieve all the 1 year data in one single API call, since it will hit limit of 50000 records per intraday timeseries limitation. You can split the request and re-request again and again as long as it does not hit limitation.

Please refer to this limitation document.

Chart App is Eikon provides minute data back to 3 months.

For RHistory, I am not an expert on this API but I believe that it should be the same as .NET API.

Here is the table of depth of history, which is 90 days for minute data.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/net-apis-use-custom-applications

ahs1.png (150.4 KiB)
ahs2.png (73.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
42 1 0 2

Thank you, Chavalit, that's very useful

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.