Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 0 1 1

TimeSeries Signal in EikonAPI or Excel

Hello,

I need direct signals or technical indicator datas from Eikon API. I see signal datas in Eikon monitor with the code; """Signal(Close() > ema(26, Close()))""".

When I copy the Eikon monitor to excel worksheet, the code alters the excel code formation; """=TR(A6,"Signal(Close() > ema(26, Close()))")""". However, i'm receiving 'Invalid Field' error.

Is there any way to take signal or technical indicators in excel or preferably python with EikonAPI?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @osmana,

The source of the best advice and answers on how to do request specific content via Eikon, including Eikon Excel, is Eikon Helpdesk.

Eikon Helpdesk experts can be reached via Eikon->Help->Contact Us.

To my best knowledge, Eikon Excel exposes Eikon integration via Formula Builder and that does not include Eikon Monitor.

The Eikon content that is exposed via Formula Builder can be explored via API as well.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your answer and advice.

Best regards

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.