Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 0

Hi, can I talk to someone who knows about the Eikon API? When I query bond structure using the formula TR.ADF_STRUCTURE, the result in Excel is different from when I use ek.get_data(....,"TR.ADF_STRUCTURE") to query from API. Can you investigate?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @khoa.thach

I can see the different of the data now:

Excel:
ACC:A5C CALL:16OCT2007:15OCT2037:MW:0.0029 CCM:A5C CFADJ:NO CLDR:CAN_FI DATED:16OCT2007 DMC:F EMC:S FRCD:16APR2008 FRQ:2 ISSUE:16OCT2007 NOTC:30 NOTIONAL:1 PX:C PXRND:1E-5:DOWN REFDATE:MATURITY RP:1 SETTLE:2WD XD:NO YLDRND:1E-5:NEAR

Eikon Data APIs(Python):
ACC:AA CCM:A5C CFADJ:NO CLDR:CAN_FI DATED:16OCT2007 DMC:F EMC:S FRCD:16APR2008 FRQ:2 ISSUE:16OCT2007 NOTIONAL:1 PX:C PXRND:1E-5:DOWN REFDATE:MATURITY RP:1 SETTLE:2WD XD:NO YLDRND:1E-5:NEAR

I am assuming that @Rizalie Jean.Manayon0 posted this question on your behalf.
I have contacted this colleague to get the case route to an appropriate channel.

ahs.png (125.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Rizalie Jean.Manayon0

Please provide screenshots for both excel formula and API call.

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi guys, please see the attached screenshot. As you can see, I used the same formula TR.ADF_STRUCTURE, but it Excel results are slightly different from what I get with Eikon API in python. The Excel results are actually better, but I am looking to implement in Python using API.

Thank you guys.

1582830998603.png (104.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @khoa.thach

The data you got it correct.

It was shortened when it print out to the console.

You just need a way to access the value inside dataframe.

ahs.png (12.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi Chavalit,

Thank you for the response. However, I do see differences between Excel and Eikon API output. For example, the accrued calculation convention ACC is actual days (ACC:AA) from API, while it is 5 business days from Excel (ACC:A5C). Further, you can see that Excel results contain call information, i.e. "CALL:16OCCT2007:15OCT2037..."). This makes considerable differences when I use bond structure to calculate accrued interest for instance. The Excel results is precise and complete, I believe. Please let me know how I can retrieve the same data in Eikon API.

Thank you very much.

Khoa

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi Chavalit,

Yes, Rizalie opened it on my behalf since my query could be related to development. Please keep me updated as soon as possible how this query is routed.

Khoa

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @khoa.thach

I have no visibility on the support case.

Anyway, I already advised Rizalie to route the case to the technical support group.

I expect that you should get an update on the same case you have it opened.

Hi @Rizalie Jean.Manayon0

Please escalate the case using the contact point I provided.

Please also update the case status to Khoa.

Thanks.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi guys,

Do you have any update on this thread? I'm not sure where the query has been routed.

@Rizalie Jean.Manayon0

Khoa

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello Khoa,

I was advised by @chavalit.jintamalit that we need to contact our Eikon Technical Team for assistance. We'll check with the Team on Monday

Regards,

Rizalie.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.