question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

how to use and test local mode of EikonDesktopDataAPI

I'm reading the COM API about how to handle the connection to Thomsen Reuters Platform and found the following information about local model.

Since I only use some calculation functions of AdfinX and would like use it to avoid system outage. The question is how to use, test or "simulate" the case?

EEikonStatus
This enumeration indicates the status of the connection to Thomson Reuters Platform
Connected: EikonDesktopDataAPI library is connected to the Thomson Reuters Platform. Thomson Reuters Eikon APIs can be used.

Disconnected: This value indicates either EikonDesktopDataAPI library is not initialized yet or EikonDesktopDataAPI library has been disconnected.

Offline: the application has lost the connection to the Platform because of a network or Platform issue. Once the connection is restored the connection state switches back to connected status.

Local Mode: This status is specific to Customer Managed user accounts. The Local Mode status indicates that the connection to the Platform is lost but the connection to the local RMDS is still available and AdfinX real-time and AdfinX Analytics can still be used.

Thank you very much

eikoneikon-com-apiadfin
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @LPan5,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

@LPan5

To use LocalMode, Eikon must connect to the local network that doesn't have access to the Internet and there is TREP available on that local network to provide realtime data.

Then, you need to force Eikont to connect via Private Network through Eikon Choose Connection. Next, run Eikon Configuration Manager and configure Real-Time configurations to the TREP server.

192.168.27.48 is my TREP server on my local network.

Next, start Eikon and verify the Connection status via the Help -> About Thomson Reuters Eikon menu. The STATUS tab will show the LocalMode connection.

1583303263218.png (73.7 KiB)
1583303425401.png (63.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.