question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 0

Do you know the reason why Excel could crash when it is trying to run Reuters routines?

Hello,

I am writing to you because I am experiencing some issues with VBA and some Reuters routines.

To summarize the situation:

I used a VBA code with the goal to open a specific file to update Reuters prices (TR formulas in different sheets) and after, I copy the data in another file.

It was working well during 3 months but now, since 4/5 week Excel crashes (and closes) every time I am trying to update the prices. I commented the Reuters routine and the VBA code is running well. When I launch the Reuters routine, it crashes.

The Reuters routine I am using are:

Function Workbook_RefreshAll_2(Work_to_refresh As Variant)
'Debug.Print VBA.Now
Application.Run "PLRefreshWorkbookEventHandler"
Application.Run "EikonRefreshWorkbook", True, 3000
'Debug.Print VBA.Now

End Function

I tried with another Reuters routine but it is the same issue:

Function Refresh_selection_Reuters(wkbk_refresh)
Debug.Print VBA.Now
Application.Run "EikonRefreshWorkbook"
Debug.Print VBA.Now
End Function

Do you know what could be wrong? Do I have to update some Add-Ins or tools?

Do you know the reason why Excel is crashing?

Thank you very much for your help.

eikoneikon-com-apieikon-for-office
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @gabillat.thibaut

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@gabillat.thibaut

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@gabillat.thibaut

For this issue, please directly contact the Eikon support team via MyRefinitiv to investigate the problem.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.