question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 2

Hello community, my question is about reshaping datastream retrieved data to panel data form.

I have downloaded a set of data (equity, debt, cash ...) for 8 countries from 2006 to 2018 in datastream form where the years are placed on the first column and the variables on the first line. I would like to know whether it is possible to reshape my data into panel data form?

datastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@abdessamadraghibi

Is it DataStream API or Excel?

Upvotes
Accepted
81.2k 266 53 76

@abdessamadraghibi

If you are using DataStream in Excel, please kindly contact the DataStream support team via MyRefinitiv for any further assistance.

1585810016497.png (6.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.7k 58 17 14

Hello @abdessamadraghibi

Is it Datastream API or Excel? If you are using DatastreamDSWS for Python, the returned data is Pandas Dataframe object which is already a panel form.

To learn more regarding DatastreamDSWS, please check the following resources:

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @Wasinwaeosri,

Thank you for your feedback,

My data is on Excel form. I tried many tricks but in vain!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.