Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
135 15 10 10

Getting bond deal tearsheet with Python Eikon Data API

Hello! I am trying to search for bond deals using SCREEN and replicating the request in Python using Eikon Data API. Is it possible to get a bond tearsheet with EDAPI? E.g. Package ID. 3968101

Many thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apibondsscreenertear-sheet
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @alex.yermolayev

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @alex.yermolayev

The deals tearsheet screen is another native app on Eikon Desktop.

Eikon Data API(Python) does not have the capability to access other app data.

However, if there are RIC codes and data fields carrying the same information, then you will be able to use it with Eikon Data API(Python).

ek.get_data(["some RICs"], ["some fields"])

So I would suggest you capture the tearsheet and contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk to verify if there is any RIC code and fields name carrying the information you would like to retrieve them.

If Helpdesk can suggest you that it is possible to use TR function on the Eikon Excel, then you can replicate the same on Eikon Data API(Python).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

ahs1.png (129.4 KiB)
ahs2.png (19.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
135 15 10 10

Hello @

Many thanks, but I am trying to download the contents of the tearsheet, not just the package identifier.

By contents I mean everything that is shown in the terminal if you follow the sheet link icon. Is it possible with Python? Thank you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @alex.yermolayev,

We have an example that reproduces Company Tearsheet Eikon template in Python -here- if you are able to access it, it may be of use.

I think this is not what you are looking for(?), but if you are interested, it can potentially be used as an example of how to retrieve via Eikon Data API and present various data points for your purpose?

Hello @

Many thanks. No, I am looking for the bond tearsheet, the one that can be seen from the Bond Deals SCREEN function, i.e who is the issuer, amount, industry, parent, utilization, ratings, etc etc.

Many thanks.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

I have the same question. Is there a way to download a list of tearsheets using the API or excel or any other mean?

Ideas on how to do something similar are welcome, I can then write the syntax myself.

thank you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.