Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

How to solve Python cannot post 404 Error?

Trying to grab the most basic request to try out API and get the following Error code:

Error code 404 | Client Error: <!DOCTYPE html>

<html lang="en">

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8">

<title>Error</title>

</head>

<body>

<pre>Cannot POST /api/v1/data</pre>

</body>

</html>

1) Eikon is listening on port 9000

2) Python API version is latest

3) Using EIKON Desktop 4.0.50(4.0.50046) on MS Windows 10 Pro

I see there are few Q&A entries already but there has not been a solution. Also contacted support that suggested I must first create Q&A entry.

Please help as the price history of 1min intervals in EIKON is limited to 3 prior months which is way too little.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @kostas.kumza

Your Eikon account is Eikon - Exchange Pricing variant which does not include API access.

Please contact your account manager to discuss the product and subscription level.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

I have the exact same problem - only my code ran fine on my account before the standalone api was taken away - any suggestions?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @bjoern@square

I could not find any Eikon account using your registered email on this portal.

I found 2 accounts using the domain name of your company but both of they are using Eikon Core variant which does not include API feature.

You can contact your Refinitiv account manager to discuss the subscription tier.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.