Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 0

Data API Error : "MissingSchema: Invalid URL 'None': No schema supplied. Perhaps you meant http://None?"

<confidential information removed>

Hello Team, I am using Eikon Data API on a regular basis. However it does not work when I am working from home and remotely logged into my PC. It gives me the error "MissingSchema: Invalid URL 'None': No schema supplied. Perhaps you meant http://None?"

The way I see it should work because essentially I am passing the instruction from my office PC, when I am in office it always work

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Jay Ar.Visenio

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Umer Nalla

Here is what the client is saying :

I am not able to make changes to the logs setup, please see the screen shot below. The configure button does not gets active. I have added some logs file (SxS*) based on existing log level. I have further tried the below code on the notebook, with the following results:

import requests

r =requests.get('http://localhost:9000/api/v1/data')

r.status_code

Result: 500

import requests

r =requests.get('http://localhost:36036/api/v1/data')

r.status_code

Result: File attached with error displayed. (Finelname: localhostRequest_36036.txt

image001.png (97.6 KiB)

Here are the files client has sent :localhostRequest_36036.txt

Show more comments
Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Jay Ar.Visenio

Are you executing the Eikon Data API code on your home PC/Laptop or on the remote office PC itself?

Eikon Data API requires your Eikon instance to be running locally i.e. on the same device - cannot connect to a remote instance.

icon clock
10 |1500

This is what the client is saying :

"it only does not work when I am using my home laptop to connect to the office PC but to be frank I don't see a reason why, because essentially I am executing it on my office PC although indirectly"

@Umer Nalla

Hi @Jay Ar.Visenio

It depends on what he means by 'although indirectly'. If the client's EIKON Data API code is situated on his home laptop/PC then it cannot connect to the Eikon instance running on his office PC. If, however, the Eikon Data API code is definitely situated and running on the office PC then that is a different matter. If that is the case they should provide fuller error message / debug information - see the post below for instructions on how to increase debug logging

<removed private information>.

Hi @Jay Ar.Visenio

Just a quick check: at the time that API call is failing (via VPN), is your Eikon itself fully functional, as a test, are you able to open a Quote tool and see the prices updating?

Eikon dekstop needs to be fully connected and updating prior to API being able to interact via it... via VPN it takes me longer on startup, for example.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Jay Ar.Visenio

I checked and could not found the user you are referring to in Eikon user database.

It depends on how he make a connection to his Eikon on his machine in the office.

Eikon Desktop will reject the connect which does not come from localhost (on the machine)

Another point is maybe the Eikon is logged out?

Try restarting the EIkon Desktop and test again.

ahs.png (36.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Here is the user info @chavalit.jintamalit

User InformationLocation:Credit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank (SL1-9YMTYE)User <removed> UUID:SL1-AUS35PTParent UUID:SL1-AUS35PTHome Site:emea1CSLN:UK11675Products:EIKON CUSTR MGD2First Time Login:

(dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm:ss tt GMT)

24/03/2020 09:46:21 AM GMT

Upvotes
1 1 1 0

@Umer Nalla @chavalit.jintamalit

Is this the reason why it won't run on the client's side? Because client is logged into Eikon on his remote desktop (where I he is trying to run the Eikon Data API).?

Can you please confirm?

icon clock
10 |1500

Not sure I understand your question...

As my colleague and I have stated above the Eikon Data API script/application must be running on the same physical PC as where the Eikon application is up and running correctly. As my colleague mentioned, the client could try restarting their Eikon instance before testing again - just to be sure.

As per Eikon and API design + licence limitations, Eikon does not allow remote connection across the VPN/network/internet from the home PC to the work PC.

Upvotes
1 1 1 0

I just got off the phone with the client and clarified his current set up :

Both Eikon Desktop and Eikon Data API are located in the same PC (work office)

Client is remotely logging on his Laptop to his office PC to access both Eikon Desktop and Eikon Data API

Eikon Desktop works for the client however the error is when is he using the Eikon Data API .

@Umer Nalla @chavalit.jintamalit

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @Jay Ar.Visenio

I could not reach you in MS Team.

Please check and make sure that he has a valid Eikon subscription and if he has it, what variant of his Eikon subscription.

Upvotes
78.8k 250 52 74

I have created a PowerShell script (CheckEikonDataAPI13.ps1.txt)to gather information on the Eikon machine. You need to run this script on the Eikon machine.

To run this script:

1. Rename the script file to CheckEikonDataAPI13.ps1

2. Run Windows PowerShell as an Administrator

3. Run the following command to change the policy

Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope LocalMachine

4. Run the script

.\CheckEikonDataAPI13.ps1

5. Change the policy back

Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Undefined -Scope LocalMachine

The script will create the output.txt file. Please share this file. We may see some information in this file.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai. The client was now able to retrieve the output file. Seeking for your help to prioritize this request.

I was unsuccessful in uploading the file here. I will just be forwarding it to your email from mine.

May I seek for your assistance to prioritize this request as the client needs this urgently.

Upvotes
1 1 1 0

Hi Team,

Please find the find the attached output file script from the client.

Please advise the next action.

@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai @Umer Nalla @chavalit.jintamalit

icon clock
10 |1500

max file size has been reached for this document will send it via email instead

Upvotes
78.8k 250 52 74

@Jay Ar.Visenio

The output file looks okay. The Eikon Data API is listening on TCP 9000 port.

LocalAddress LocalPort  State OwningProcess
------------ ---------  ----- ------------- 
127.0.0.1         9000 Listen         18748 

GET: http://127.0.0.1:9000/sxs/v1 => Status Code: 200 
GET: http://127.0.0.1:9000/ping => Status Code: 200 
POST: http://127.0.0.1:9000/api/v1/data => Status Code: 200

The status code returns 200 (OK) for http://127.0.0.1:9000/api/v1/data.

To test the connection, please use POST with this URL http://127.0.0.1:9000/api/v1/data.

If the GET command is used with this URL, the status code 500 will be returned.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @Jay Ar.Visenio,

Did you have a chance to try the suggestion from @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai?

How did it work for you?

Hello @Jay Ar.Visenio,

Did you have a chance to follow the suggestion from @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai?

Please keep us updated on how did it go?

Thanks,

-AHS

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.