Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 3

In the new issues tutorial, there was a query given. However, I do not see any documentation which can guide me on how to change this query for my needs. Where can I find such guides/documentation?

In the tutorial, the query given was "Product:IFREM AND Topic:ISU AND Topic:EUB AND (PRICED OR DEAL)". How can I change this to obtain data for the US + EU instead? Also, if I wish to get corporate bonds that are launched, where should I change?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiquery-string
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@qiujunda92 you need to use the News Monitor App (type NEWS into eikon search bar) - I have written an article which shows how to generate the query from a plain text search. You should play around with the plain text search functionality for what you are looking for and then you will become more familiar with the syntax. See my example below:

Once you have entered your query just double click on the query bar and the code will automatically be generated for you (see article above and image below) which you can then copy and paste into the get_news_headlines API call.

I hope this can help.

1585323018224.png (264.5 KiB)
1585323291861.png (348.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 0 1 3

Hi Jason, thank you - this is really useful. You guys should consider moving this into Tutorials.

On a side note, is there any support from Refinitiv staff if I need some help/have some additional questions on the query? For instance, I notice the format of the news for new issues is now fundamentally different from the original one shown in the tutorial, and hope to get some clarity on it. Ideally, I would prefer the old format.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.