Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 1 1 1

Eikon get_data() doesnt retrieve timeseries with dates parameters

Eikon API - Python.

I'm trying to get the timeseries of a paid index, (.JGEMBLA) but It only gets the last value of the field.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitime-series
1587400466107.png (19.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@rcid

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @rcid,

The Eikon Data API presently provides the get_data() and get_timeseries() calls which as far as I'm aware unfortunately does not provide historical data that maps to the RHistory function. See this related post for an explanation and possible suggestions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thanks for the info Nick.

Regards

Upvotes
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @rcid,

Looking within the DIB (Data Item Browser), I don't see any historical data offered for the Beta Value.

To view the available historical values offered for an instrument, you can narrow down the filter within the DIB:

You may also want to confirm with the Refinitiv Helpdesk and ask whether this data is available for this or any other historical data points you may need.

1587404653019.png (46.8 KiB)
1587404760704.png (132.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks for your answer Nick.

Yes, through DIB it seems there are no time series variables available. But I could get some of the data through Rhistory function in Excel. My goal is to replicate this thhorugh Python's API. Any Idea?

this is the function:

=RHistory(".JGEMBLA","NDA_RAW.Nda_date;"&"NDA_RAW.Nda_avg_yield_to_mat_put;"&"NDA_RAW.Nda_one_day_percentage;"&"NDA_RAW.Nda_total_return;"&"NDA_RAW.Nda_weighted_average_price;"&"NDA_RAW.Nda_yield;","START:01-Apr-2020 END:20-Apr-2020 INTERVAL:1D",,"CH:Fd",)

this is my output:

Regards

1587416929840.png (29.0 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.