question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

When upgrade TREP from version 2.2 to 3.2,can't get quote data for some HongKong Stock RICs

We use TREP 2.2 to get HongKong Stocks quote data for years. Our client Program use rfa7.2.1 C++. Recently we upgrade TREP from version 2.2 to 3.2. When our Program connects to TREP 3.2 at first time, we can't get any quote data until we also upgrade these three file appendix_a, enumtype.def, RDMFieldDictionary.Now we can get most HongKong Stocks's quote data. But some 170 RICs can't get quote data. In logs file, we found: Received Event Stream Closed Event, event type: OMMItemEventEnum handle: 0x2aaaaf7fab00, 3988.HK. Those logs trigger by event.isEventStreamClosed(). But on TREP server, use rsslSinkApp to get 3988.HK's quote data OK. We need help! Thanks!

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@hejunsong

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @hejunsong

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@hejunsong

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Were you able to reach the TREP support team and resolve the issue you experienced? If yes, would you mind posting the solution you found on this thread? This would help other users who may experience similar issue.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @hejunsong

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @hejunsong,

As RFA 7.2 is End Of Life for a while, the last supported version being RFA 7.6,

API Obsolescence

I would try to approach this issue as follows. I would download the only supported RFA that supports MarketData, vs OMM, i.e. RFA 7.6 from RFA Downloads - Older Versions per your language (C++/Java).

If you are running Market Data, test with a simple Market Data example you can find in Legacy -> Examples. RFASTTicker is one choice. If you are running OMM, test with any of OMM simple examples, StarterConsumer is a good choice.

Replace the instrument with your instrument.

If the example works for you, see what the differences are.

Once you know what the issue is, and you are able to run for now, so the matter is not urgent for you, I would recommend a planned migration to a newer API, look at EMA from Elektron API Suite over migrating to RFA8.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Thank you, @zoya.farberov. Your answer is very helpful. But before migrating to RFA8, we try to solve it at RFA7.2. I add more debug statments, now more info as follow:

2020 May 11 13:58:51.637 ST GMT+08:00 669F 617E88C0 1283 ERROR*

Received MMT_MARKET_PRICE Status

serviceName : IDN_RDF

symbolName : 8290.HK

streamState : Closed

dataState : Suspect

statusCode : TooManyItems

statusText : A20: Aggregate item limit exceeded. received invalid item data from server

The logs shows 'item limit exceeded'. But the new TREP server has 25000 item limits, and the client request no more than 2600 items.

As i know, the old TREP 2.2 server has 5000 item limits. one client requests 2600 items.

That's weird. Any hints? Thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @hejunsong

This log is generated from the TREP server, I suggest you contact the TREP support team via https://my.refinitiv.com/ to help you verify on the server side.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.