Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
244 15 13 17

Release notes for PyEikon 1.1.2 + requests 2.22 dependency

Hi-- just saw that Eikon for Python 1.1.2 is available on conda-forge. First off, thanks for using conda-forge so we don't have to use pip.

I've noticed that recent versions (post-1.0.1) include an explicit requirement of requests 2.22.*. Thus they won't coexist with either versions newer (such as the current 2.23.0) or older than 2.22. As a result, systems which put requests==2.23.0 as a requirement will only see pyeikon 1.0.1 available.

2 questions:

1) What new functionality has been added to the Eikon Data API between version 1.0.1 and 1.1.2? Is there a release note for this? What is a user missing if they want to use the latest version of requests?

2) I appreciate that the requirements are being well specified to avoid conflicts, but does pyeikon actually depend so tightly on the particular version of requests? As both the conda recipes and pip wheels are currently structured, conda CANNOT install pyeikon alongside any version of requests other than 2.22.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sent email to @Olivier DAVANT to answer this question.

<AHS>

@chavalit.jintamalit @Alex Putkov.

Could you please help the client regarding this Eikon Data API library question?

Hello @davidk

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@davidk

You can find release notes for Eikon Data APIs Python library under the Documentation tab on Eikon Data APIs page on Refinitiv Developer Portal.

I'm afraid I don't know why we made Eikon Data APIs library for Python dependent on specific version of requests library. I'm guessing this may be related to the introduction of streaming capability, but I'm not sure. I'll try to find out and will revert back here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Alex, the release notes are helpful. Were you able to find out why requests has such a tight requirement (2.22.0.*)?

Hi David,
Thanks for following up. I have a confirmation from the product manager that strict dependency on the exact version of requests library (as well as the dependency on the exact versions of other libraries) in Eikon Data APIs for Python package v1.1.2 is an oversight. It will be corrected in future releases.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.