question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

MS Office Excel 365 - API - AdfinX Real Time 6.0 Library for Windows 10

Team,

Our existing Realtime Refresh in Excel 2007 VBA code is not working in Win10 Office 365 environment because EIKON API - "AdfinX Real Time 6.0 Library " is not compatible with Win10 Office 365.

May I please except a resolution for this? help much appreciated

We are trying to fetch 02 types of requests:

1. Refintiv Static data page (E.g. RIC page - "PULF" , Bostwana Govt bonds):

Snippet:

Dim rtList As AdfinXRtLib.AdxRtList

Set rtList = PLVbaApis.CreateAdxRtList

rpage="PULF"

rtList.Source = "IDN": rtList.RegisterItems rpage, "*"

rtList.StartUpdates RT_MODE_IMAGE

2. Refintiv realtime RIC fields (E.g. RIC page - "HICNH1MDF=ABCK" , HIBOR CNH submission):

Snippet:

Set rtList = PLVbaApis.CreateAdxRtList

Dim fields(2) As Variant: fields(0) = CF_BID: fields(1) = CF_DATE: fields(2) = CF_TIME

ric_ticker = "HICNH1MDF=ABCK"

rtList.Source = "IDN": rtList.RegisterItems ric_ticker, fields

rtList.StartUpdates RT_MODE_IMAGE

Thanks

Sandeep

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Did you try to reset macro and change AdfinX reference(Tools->references)?

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@sandeep.kola

AdfinX Real-Time 6.0 library is perfectly compatible with Windows 10 and Office 365 32-bit. I personally use it all the time in this environment. However Eikon COM APIs libraries including AdfinX Real-Time cannot be used in 64-bit Excel VBA. If you have 64-bit MS Office, the only option to continue using AdfinX Real-Time library in Excel VBA is to replace your 64-bit Office install with 32-bit one.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

Yes, I've tried and no luck, I'm pretty sure EIKON API - "AdfinX Real Time 6.0 Library " is not compatible with Excel 365 version

icon clock
10 |1500

Do you use 32bit excel? Can you give us error message content or run-time error number? Did you test other AdfinX versions? You can look for rtx.dll in eikon installation directory.

Hello @sandeep.kola

Did you have a change to test the steps that suggested by @SupDev1 ?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.