question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 15 22 25

LPC tool while testing throws error

Hi,

I have LPC working fine and was able to get data till last week using the rmdstestclient.

But today when I tried, I am getting below error:

RSSL login failed for user: (MyUSER) Text: Failed to perform transport secure channel connections to hosts. Error: Failed to request authentication token information. Text: </local/jenkins/workspace/EZD_PC1.0/OS/OL7-64/esdk/source/esdk/Cpp-C/Eta/Impl/Reactor/Util/rsslRestClientImpl.c:1591> Error: Failed to perform the request with text: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK

Can you guys please take a look and let me know what can be the issue?

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @bansalshah,

One of the key server certificates for api.refinitiv.com has expired at the end of last month, and a new one is in place. Unfortunately, the root CA which signed that certificate, is not in the trust store of many old applications like Python, NodeJS, OpenSSL etc, and they need to be updated. Best way to update is to reinstall the latest version of the application, as new versions are including the root CA in their certificate store.

I presume you are having this same issue. I have a docker image on Windows which is about two months old, but I am able to successfully get data using rmdstestclient.

I would suggest that you remove the old image, and follow the steps to create a brand new LPC image, or even reinstall the docker to the latest version. If you are not using docker, then you will have to manually import the root CA into the Linux certificate store.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Gurpreet.,

Thank you for your response.

Yeah that is the issue it seems, because the Postman tool to get History Data from EDP is having the same SSL certificate issue.

I will try installing the latest LPC and see if it works.
But any solution for Postman (Temp workaround I am using is setting the SSL certificate verifcation to OFF). ?

Thank you,

Hello @bansalshah,

Find the info on the new certificate required in this PCN on my.refinitiv.com. Use your Refinitiv account to login.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @bansalshah,

As rmdstestclient manifests this issue and not a custom RFA consumer, the issue is not with RFA API or custom RFA consumer, and most likely issue is related to connectivity.

I would, just in case, shutdown and restart LPC, and retest with rmdstestclient.

Hopefully, this should help to establish the channel.

If not, it's worth checking with your organization's network team, were there any network, routing, firewall changes in your organization that could be the reason?

If not, then check LPC log for any additional info on the issue.

(For sanity check, I just tested with my LPC, no issue connecting, my configured endpoint is us-east.)

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
21.8k 57 14 21

You should not have issue with Postman, since it does not have its own certificate store and delegates to the OS (Windows) for validation, and Windows keeps its certificate updates through software updates.

In case you want to manually import certificate - Go to settings -> Certificates and add the .crt file:

1591910000774.png (18.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.