Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 1 4 10

How to get most recent value if the value not available for a specific date?

Hello. When using EIKON DATA API get_data() to retrieve a field such as TR.DividendYield for a specific date say 2019-08-31, the data is not available for some stocks on that specific date but is available for an earlier date say 2019-08-30. Is there any query parameter I can add to make get_data() return any most recent data without me issue another query for that earlier date? Thank you.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @YC

There is no parameters to fill the "NaN" data with the earliest available data point.

I suggest that you can retrieve data in range and if the data point on the specific date is not available, you can look back to the earliest available data point.

ahs.png (51.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Chavalit, thank you so much for your reply and suggestion.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.