question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 3 3

Missing data RT_DS_FULL in VBA

Hi,

I have been trying to extract data from Reuters via AdfinX Real Time 6,0 Library (through AdxRtHistory). Out of 22 Tickers I received data for 8 and I do not see a clear pattern why some data is retrieved and some data is missing. The macro exists at the moment at

DataStatus <> RT_DS_FULL , where DataStatus = 3

however, I did not find any comments on what statuses mean what in the pdf documentation.

Ticker that works: .UCGRARC1

Ticker that does not work: .QUIXMETF

The code is the same.

Could you please give me an idea how I could solve this problem?

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@aleksei.shvetsov

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

AdxRtHistory object should not be used for any new development at this time. The object retrieves timeseries data from a legacy system that dates back 30 years and that is being sunset. If you're looking to retrieve timeseries of price history into Excel VBA, use RHistory library instead. If you're looking to retrieve the same data into a .NET application use Eikon .NET API or the .NET implementation of Eikon Data APIs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.