question

Upvotes
Accepted
262 12 15 18

Tick History Time and Sales data through Microsoft VBA, facing issue in downloading zipped files & mentioning file path for downloads.

The client is able to make it work for ‘smaller’ reports – e.g. a Terms and Conditions report, where the returned data is relatively small but not for a Tick History file, specifically around the downloading of Tick History where the files are zipped.

The client is following TRTHv2 API scheduled Workflow: using the ExtractedFIles(fileid)/$value method.

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractedFiles('xxExtractedFileIdx')/$value

where my ExtractedFileID is ‘VjF8MHgwNzI5NjU1MzE1YzZiMGM2fA’ under ExtractionID ‘2000000162175976’.

This corresponds to the following schedule:

I can download the output file manually on the web interface, and I can download the corresponding Notes file via the API, but when I run the API GET against the main output – the zipped file - I get a ‘200-OK’ status but just a couple of odd characters in the response text:

I am using the ‘gzip, deflate’ option in my request:

Function download_full_file(FileDownloadURL As String, TRTHToken As String, FileExtractionID As String, FileDownloadStatus As String) As String

Dim objHTTP As New MSXML2.XMLHTTP

Dim FileDownloadURLwithID As String

Dim cutresponse As String

FileDownloadURLwithID = Replace(FileDownloadURL, "xxExtractedFileIdx", FileExtractionID)

objHTTP.Open "GET", FileDownloadURLwithID, False

objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Authorization", "Token " & TRTHToken

objHTTP.setRequestHeader "X-Direct-Download", "true"

objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Accept-Encoding", "gzip, deflate"

objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Accept-Charset", "UTF-8"

objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Prefer", "respond-async"

objHTTP.send

'InputBox "API Response - copy from below", "API Response", objHTTP.responseText

FileDownloadStatus = objHTTP.Status & " - " & objHTTP.statusText

download_full_file = objHTTP.responseText

End Function

Should I be expecting the files to be returned in the response text, or are they being physically downloaded somewhere for me to use?

tick-history-rest-apivbaDownload
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Beera.Rajesh

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

Hi @Beera.Rajesh,

The data extracted from TimeAndSales report template is in gzip format, so responseText contains binary gzip data. The client can write the response to a .gz file, and then decompress data from the .gz file outside of the application.

Below is the sample of code writing response to a .gz file.

filePath = "C:\\temp\\response.gz"
        fileBytes = objHTTP.responseBody
        Open filePath For Binary As #1
        Put #1, , fileBytes
        Close #1
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.