Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 2 1

Absolute and Relative financial period for the fundamental data in ek.get_data()

Hello friends,

I'm using Eikon data API to get some financial fundamental data. I use the function

df,err = ek.get_data('AAPL.O',['TR.NetIncome(Period=FQ0)', 'TR.NetIncome(Period=FQ-1)'])

to retrieve the net income for AAPL.O. And this function works perfectly. You may notice that the financial period is a relative value, such as FQ0 for the current financial quarter and FQ-1 for the previous one.

However, sometimes I need to use Absolute period instead of the Relative one, and I found in DIB that the Absolute period of FQ0 for AAPL.O is showing FY2020Q2. and I replaced in the parameters, it doesn't work.

df,err = ek.get_data('AAPL.O',['TR.NetIncome(Period=FY2020Q2)', 'TR.NetIncome(Period=FY2020Q1'])

This issue happened for the quarter fundamental data, and for the annual one, both Absolute and Relative financial period are working fine. eg.

df,err = ek.get_data('AAPL.O',['TR.NetIncome(Period=FY2019)', 'TR.NetIncome(Period=FY2018'])

df,err = ek.get_data('AAPL.O',['TR.NetIncome(Period=FY0)', 'TR.NetIncome(Period=FY-1'])

Thanks in advance for your looking into it.

Dan

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Dan.Li

Thanks for the detailed explanation of the issue.

Please try this code:

ahs1.png (10.3 KiB)
ahs2.png (158.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 2 2 1

Hi chavalit jintamalit

Thank you for your guidance. It works perfectly and the explanation is very helpful !

Dan

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.