Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
46 6 7 7

Request full list of companies in the Refinitv ESG data universe

We used to get a FTP delivery of the full universe every two weeks. As Refinitiv adds coverage of new companies, our delivery would include these corporations.

How can I call a function that retrieves the full universe available every time?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiesguniverse
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

Hi @Erik77 - OK so as per @Gurpreet. and @chavalit.jintamalit said the screener capability will be the closest capability. The query below won't give you just the latest ESG universe (but it will give you almost all public companies). However, if you read the article referred to by chavalit you may be able to modify the query. Here is a screener query which can build up the list of almost 64K companies:

df, err = ek.get_data("SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))/*UNV:Public*/), IN(TR.HQCountryCode,""AF"",""AL"",""DZ"",""AS"",""AD"",""AO"",""AI"",""AQ"",""AG"",""AR"",""AM"",""AW"",""AU"",""AT"",""AZ"",""BS"",""BH"",""BD"",""BB"",""BY"",""BE"",""BZ"",""BJ"",""BM"",""BT"",""BO"",""BQ"",""BA"",""BW"",""BV"",""BR"",""IO"",""BN"",""BG"",""BF"",""BI"",""CV"",""KH"",""CM"",""CA"",""KY"",""CF"",""TD"",""CL"",""CN"",""CX"",""CC"",""CO"",""KM"",""CD"",""CG"",""CK"",""CR"",""HR"",""CU"",""CW"",""CY"",""CZ"",""CI"",""DK"",""DJ"",""DM"",""DO"",""EC"",""EG"",""SV"",""GQ"",""ER"",""EE"",""SZ"",""ET"",""FK"",""FO"",""FJ"",""FI"",""FR"",""GF"",""PF"",""TF"",""GA"",""GM"",""GE"",""DE"",""GH"",""GI"",""GR"",""GL"",""GD"",""GP"",""GU"",""GT"",""GG"",""GN"",""GW"",""GY"",""HT"",""HM"",""VA"",""HN"",""HK"",""HU"",""IS"",""IN"",""ID"",""IR"",""IQ"",""IE"",""IM"",""IL"",""IT"",""JM"",""JP"",""JE"",""JO"",""KZ"",""KE"",""KI"",""KP"",""KR"",""KW"",""KG"",""LA"",""LV"",""LB"",""LS"",""LR"",""LY"",""LI"",""LT"",""LU"",""MO"",""MG"",""MW"",""MY"",""MV"",""ML"",""MT"",""MH"",""MQ"",""MR"",""MU"",""YT"",""MX"",""FM"",""MD"",""MC"",""MN"",""ME"",""MS"",""MA"",""MZ"",""MM"",""NA"",""NR"",""NP"",""NL"",""NC"",""NZ"",""NI"",""NE"",""NG"",""NU"",""NF"",""MP"",""NO"",""OM"",""PK"",""PW"",""PS"",""PA"",""PG"",""PY"",""PE"",""PH"",""PN"",""PL"",""PT"",""PR"",""QA"",""MK"",""RO"",""RU"",""RW"",""RE"",""BL"",""SH"",""KN"",""LC"",""MF"",""PM"",""VC"",""WS"",""SM"",""ST"",""SA"",""SN"",""RS"",""SC"",""SL"",""SG"",""SX"",""SK"",""SI"",""SB"",""SO"",""ZA"",""GS"",""SS"",""ES"",""LK"",""SD"",""SR"",""SJ"",""SE"",""CH"",""SY"",""TW"",""TJ"",""TZ"",""TH"",""TL"",""TG"",""TK"",""TO"",""TT"",""TN"",""TR"",""TM"",""TC"",""TV"",""UG"",""UA"",""AE"",""GB"",""UM"",""US"",""UY"",""UZ"",""VU"",""VE"",""VN"",""VG"",""VI"",""WF"",""EH"",""YE"",""ZM"",""ZW"",""AX""), CURN=USD)",["TR.RIC"])
riclist = df.RIC.to_list() #this will give you a list of 64K companies

I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.1k 18 6 9

Hi @Erik77 - thanks for your question - just to clarify - Eikon Data APIs dont deliver via FTP - are you perhaps referring to our DataScope Select service? - its just so I can put this question in the right forum so you can get the correct answer.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @jason.ramchandani, apologies if I wasn't clear enough. We used to get FTP deliveries from your DataScope Select Service. Every two weeks we got fresh data and an updated universe, which often expanded every two weeks/month, as you guys added companies to the universe.

We are now setting up an API, and I'd like to know how to pull the latest list of companies available (as the universe is ever-expanding and we don't know what companies get added).

Hi @Erik77 - so are you trying to achieve this in DataScope Select or in Eikon. Thanks.

Hi @jason.ramchandani - I am trying to achieve this in Eikon, using the API.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @Erik77, Which API did you use to get FTP delivery? I am unaware of Eikon Data API's supporting such functionality.

The closest thing to getting a full universe of ESG instruments would be use a screener query in Eikon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Erik77

I think you can use SCREENER to get all the instruments from a specific universe(such as exchange).

https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/find-your-right-companies-screener-eikon-data-apispython

ahs.png (49.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.