Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

In Phython, How many RICs data can be snap at one time? I tried to snap for only 2 FIDs, but I am unable to snap more than 7500 RICs. So is it the limit and if not, how it can be increase?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapi-limits
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

Hi @Subhijit.Panda - thanks for your question please see the the document here which details API limits.

You can of course iterate to get more data (still subject to the API limits detailed above) - we have many examples in our articles. I wrote an article here which demonstrates iterating to build a larger dataframe of timeseries using the get_timeseries API call. Or you can use chunking - there are many approaches to this.

I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the response.

So in the article, the same apply for get_data API call as well?

Thanks,

Subhijit

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes you can use the same iteration process with get_data API call as well. You might want to investigate chunking to take your list of 7500 RICs and say make it into 500 RIC chunks and pass it to the get_data call with the two fields you want. The reason I say 500 as opposed to 5000 rics (the theoretical limit is 10,000 datapoints so 5000 RICs x 2 fields ) is that you can reduce the incidence of server timeout error by presenting a smaller requests.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.