Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

eikonapiR - Recv failure: Connection was reset

Hi, I am trying to run a activity on windows 2008 R2 server using EikonapiR. I am not sure why this error comes.

"Error in curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = handle) :

Recv failure: Connection was reset"

I followed other questions and had set up set_prox_port(900L). then i get error as

"Error in curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = handle) :

Recv failure: Connection was aborted"

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-data-api-r
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @sundaresan.natarajan1

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@sundaresan.natarajan1

First, please make sure that Eikon or Eikon Proxy is running properly on the machine. You can refer to Eikon Data API(Python) Troubleshooting to verify the problem.

Then, you can use the following commands to verify the connection.

library(httr)
resp = httr::GET("http://127.0.0.1:9000/ping")
resp
resp = httr::POST("http://127.0.0.1:9000/api/v1/data ")
resp

If the connection is fine, the output looks like:

1596166037052.png (30.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ok i found the issue was with port already take up. so, i started referencing the port which is picked by eikon and added to pick this into my code to solve the problem

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.