Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

FX Carry Trade

I noticed that there is an "FX Carry Trade" app on Eikon. I have several of questions about the topic
- Is there a way for me to call this app through the API?
- Is there a way for me to call the time series behind the app?
- What are exactly the time series behind the app? Is this a time series of forward contracts that is appended?
- Can we add additional constraints to the backtest such as 3rd party data or other kind of data found on eikon?
- There are several elements of the "FX Carry Trade" table that aren't clear (eg: Type, Proxy, Tenor). Can we have documentation on those?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiforexforwards
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@bmd

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @bmd

Eikon Data API cannot access to specific Eikon app data.

Eikon Data API can access to time series data using get_timeseries() but I do not know if this is the same data the app is using or not.

If you want to know more about the "FX Carry Trade" app specification, you can contact helpdesk to clarify the data the app is using.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.