Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 2 0

=TR(RIC; "BID) leads to "The record could not be found"

I am trying to get the BID-Price via Excel of the following: Acco Brands in Frankfurt

First i converted the ISIN (US00081T1088) to RIC (=TR("US00081T1088";"TR.RIC";"RH=IN";B2). Via Excel I extracted the base RIC (ACCO).

Then I am trying to get the BID-Price via Excel of the following: Acco Brands in Frankfurt

=TR("ACCO.F";"BID")

This leads to "The record could not be found". But I know that it is traded in Frankfurt. Whats wrong here?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiexcel
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS only>

I contacted Eikon support to verify this.

case no. 09060650

Hello @felixrostek

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @felixrostek

You may consider using CodeBook and RDP Lib.

Please type in "CODEBOOK" on Eikon search bar and press enter to launch CodeBook app.

Look at this article on how to launch CodeBook (could be on Eikon Web access or Eikon Desktop).

https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/use-eikon-data-api-or-rdp-library-python-codebook-web-browser

You can then use this code in the CodeBook:

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp
rdp.open_desktop_session('DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY')

df = rdp.search('US00081T1088',
                view = rdp.SearchViews.Quotes,
                select = 'RIC,BusinessEntity,PermID',
                top = 100)
result_rics = df['RIC'].tolist()
print(result_rics)

Result:

['ACCO.K', 'ACCO.N', 'A3B.F', 'ACCO.TH', 'ACCO.Z', 'ACCO.P', 'ACCO.ZY', 'ACCO.DG', 'ACCO.C', 'ACCO.DY', 'ACCO.B', 'ACCO.A', 'ACCO.PH', 'ACCO.MW', 'A3Bf.TRE', 'A3B.BE', 'ACCO.DF', 'ACCO.ARC', 'ACCO.NB', 'ACCO.ITC', 'ACCO.BAT', 'ACCO.BYX', 'ACCO.EI', 'ACCO.BT1', 'A3Bf.ICEM', 'A3Bf.DAp', 'A3B.DEU', 'ACCO_w.K^E12', 'ACCO_w.N^E12', 'A3B.DE^E11', 'ACCO.W^E14', 'ABD.B^J07', 'ACCO_w.B^E12', 'ACCO_w.C^E12', 'ACCO_w.DF^E12', 'ACCO_w.DG^E12', 'ACCO_w.DY^E12', 'ACCO_w.MW^E12', 'ACCO_w.P^E12', 'ACCO_w.TH^E12', 'ACCO_w.W^E12', 'ACCO_w.Z^E12', 'ACCO_w.PH^E12', 'ACCO_w.ZY^E12', 'ABD.PH^B09', 'ABD.II^G10', 'A3Bf.TRXA', 'A3Bf.TWEA']

From this RIC list, you can find out the exchange or country.

import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek
ek.set_app_key('DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY')

df2,e = ek.get_data(result_rics,['TR.ExchangeCountry', 'TR.ExchangeName', 'TR.ISIN'])
df2

result:

ahs.png (85.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 2 2 0

I found a first hint.

The US RIC is: ACCO

The german RIC is: A3B

How do I convert a US RIC into a german RIC?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
78.8k 250 52 74

@felixrostek

The RIC for Acco Brands in Frankfurt is A3B.F.

This formula =TR("US00081T1088","TR.RIC","CH=Fd RH=IN",B2) returns ACCO.N. In this case, I don't think that you can use ACCO as a base RIC for Acco Brands in Frankfurt.

You can directly contact the Eikon support team via MyRefinitiv to verify the way to get A3B.F from ISIN.

1596781691983.png (28.9 KiB)
1596781627987.png (17.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 2 2 0

Hi,
thank you very much for your support so far.
I have an issue retreiving US-equity Pre-Market Data (from 04:00 New York time on).
I do not get "BID" and "ASK" values via Excel addin. Is there a special formula or field I need to use? The formulas work perfectly within the core session (from 09:30 New York opening time on).

Thank You!
kind regards

Felix

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.