question

Upvotes
Accepted
646 21 33 41

Eikon 4.0.52 upgrade. RSearchMgr - cannot initialize

This is my forth problem after Eikon was upgraded to 4.0.52.

The program creates all necessary object and connects to EIkon. After it receives the feedback with EikonDesktopDataAPILib::Connected, it starts to create RSearch objects:

l_hr = m_EikonDesktopDataAPI->CreateRSearchMgr((IUnknown **)&m_RSearchMgr);

if (l_hr == S_OK)
        {
            // Initialize the RSearch manager and retrieve a session cookie
            CComVariant l_EmptyVar;
            l_EmptyVar.vt = VT_ERROR;
            l_EmptyVar.scode = DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOUND;
            l_hr = m_RSearchMgr->Initialize(RSearchLib::RS_CT_EIKON, l_EmptyVar, &m_RSearchMgrCookie);
            if (l_hr != S_OK)
            {
                string error("[DCProviderEikon] Couldn't initialize RSearchMgr");
                logger->Log(error, DCLogger::DC_LOG_LEVEL_ERROR);
                DataCollectorHelper::CoutLog(error, DC_RED);

// Release the RSearch manager
                ReleaseRSearchMgr();
            }
        }

It fails on Initialize step.

I'm 90% sure that it happens after the following steps/events:

1. EIkon started on the machine1

2. In several hours someone logs to Eikon in with the same user/pwd on machine2

3. There is a notification about the event #2 on Windows Desktop - as expected

4. Our program starts

5. Eikon asks (or does not ask , if the user was logged out on machine2) to sign in. User Signs In

6. Program receives 'Connected' event and start RSearchMgr initialization. And it fails.

Is this known issue ? If not, what can cause this behavior? It started this week, after Eikon upgraded itself.

Thanks.

P.S. The problem usually can be solved by shutting down Eikon completely and then start again.

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Alex Putkov., @chavalit.jintamalit, @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai

Could you please take a look into this issue?

Thanks,

Veerapath

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Hello @igorg,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@igorg

Sorry for late response. Are you able to consistently reproduce the issue as you described it? I just tried reproducing it on my end using the C# example in RSearch tutorial and following the replication procedure you outlined, and I didn't experience any problems.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
646 21 33 41

Ok, I'm getting the same problem (now with 4.0.61).

This line returns something but not S_OK:

l_hr = m_RSearchMgr->Initialize(RSearchLib::RS_CT_EIKON, l_EmptyVar, &m_RSearchMgrCookie);
if (l_hr != S_OK)
{

How can I check the reason for the failed Initialize call?

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.