Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 3 2 1

How to get historical future data with python api?

I would like to get historical price, open interest and volume from Eurex futures, however, ek.get_timeseries() is not working and e.get_data() gives me only the values of the day, altough I have specified sdate and edate:

df, err = ek.get_data('VOWG_p2Q1',

['CF_DATE', 'CF_CLOSE','SETTLE'],

{'SDate': 0, 'EDate': -15, 'Frq':'D' })

How can I retrieve the data?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apifutures
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

{'SDate': 0, 'EDate': -15, 'Frq':'D' } should be replaced by {'SDate': -15, 'EDate': 0, 'Frq':'D' }

And CLOSE field is a relatime data. You have to request TR.CLOSEPRICE to get historical.

But it seems that historical price for Eurex futures isn't available.
I requested timeserie in EXCEL and I got NULL value :

1598368222367.png (129.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @laturnus

To get the timeseries of settlement prices please try this:

ek.get_data('VOWG_p2Q1',['TR.SETTLEMENTPRICE.date','TR.SETTLEMENTPRICE'],{'SDate':-15, 'EDate':0, 'Frq':'D' })
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.